16 October 2012

Poop coffee


One of the things we brought back from Vietnam was cà phê Chồn or weasel poop coffee.  They feed the beans to the civet cats who poop them out after the critters' intestinal enzymes break down some of the components of the beans.  That creates special flavor.  And how.

I saw the movie Bucket List recently and the Jack Nicholson character has this obsession over his special coffee that in the end is revealed to be poop coffee.  I thought it was all fiction until someone asked if I planned to try it in VN.

We found some in Old Town and I bought it so there's a chance it's fake (not pricey enough) or real, who knows.  Since it is my birthday I brought it to the office.  One of the IT guys (the American one) is a coffee connoisseur who knows his way around a French Press.


The coffee was really good, very different and more smooth tasting. It smelled very chocolatey but didn't have the chocolate flavor.  Still, it was fun and we were all really really wired today!

1 comment: