28 February 2012

This staff is on the move

Global staff.  One woman (Indian-American) is out of the country in Korea I think.  Might be a visa run.  Visas have 30, 60 or 90 day stays even many of the business ones.  An American guy is on his way to the Philippines today to participate in a sports competition.  One of the Chinese-Canadian attorneys is on her way to Hong Kong to visit family.  We might be heading for Cambodia next month.  LiLi really wants to go to Thailand because she watched too many of our old service apartment's infomercials and feels that Bangkok is the lap of luxury.  I just want a long weekend on a beach.  Every year since LiLi was two years old we've gone to the same beach house on the Pacific Coast of Mexico.  The house is right on the sand, owned by Mexican-American-Calfornians and has a small pool.  Also, like I said, it is right on the sand!  The town is tiny, almost no tourists.  Ever since the after-school non profit where we volunteer had a birthday party for LiLi when she turned 4 she's been famous in the town.  We love it there.  Alas, we are in China and missing our annual Mexico beach trip.  I'm shying away from Thailand because I've already been there and Malaysia several times but never to Cambodia or Vietnam and they are also warm now.  At the office's end-of-day chatting last night the staff was impressive in not only their, "oh, so and so is in Korea, and I'm off to the Philippines" type talk, but also their, "When I lived in Egypt...When I lived in Kosovo...When I lived in Cambodia" talk.  Wow.  That'll be us, too, in a few months...or years.

No comments:

Post a Comment